Miso Ice Cream
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 10 fl oz. (300ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (60g) honey
- 3.4 fl oz.(100ml) heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Pour milk into a pot and bring it to a simmer.
- Place egg yolks and honey in a bowl and whisk well. Whisk in the hot milk little by little.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve and transfer mixture to a pot. Place over low heat and stir until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and cool the pot in a large bowl filled with iced water. Add miso and heavy cream and combine well.
- Transfer mixture to a stainless steel tray and cover. Place in freezer and stir every hour 3 times or more until it gets frozen.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!