Miso Marinated Black Cod recipe by Chef Nobu Matsuhisa
Nobu-style Miso Marinade
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 1/2 cup white miso
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 7-ounce skinless black cod fillets (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- Boil sake and mirin over high heat and reduce by 1⁄3.
- Turn heat down, add miso and sugar, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Marinate cod fillets in the miso mixture for 4 days.
- Gently wipe off excess marinade from the fillets and grill or broil until well browned.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!