Zucchini Corn Stir Fry
- 1 Zucchini (12 oz, 340 g; or substitute yellow or pattypan squash)
- 1 ear Sweet corn (12.2 oz, 345 g with husks; or substitute with 1 cup of frozen or drained canned corn)
- 1 tbsp Neutral oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted butter (omit for vegan)
- 2 tsp ORGANIC MISO RED
- 1 tsp Soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce for GF)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
To Prepare the Ingredients
- Wrap a wet paper towel around the sweetcorn (you can leave the husks on) and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes (1000W).
- Carefully remove the paper towel, husks, and silk from the hot ear of corn. With a knife, cut off the corn kernels from the cob.
- Cut the zucchini into thirds (sections about 2 inches or 5 cm long). Cut each piece in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into 3 wedges.
To Mix the Seasonings
- Combine the miso, soy sauce, sugar, and water. Mix it all together until the miso and sugar dissolve. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. When it‘s hot, add 1 tbsp neutral oil. Then, add the zucchini and quickly sear on medium-high or high heat until nicely browned on the edges. Tip: The goal is to sear the zucchini fast so it remains firm yet tender. If the heat is too low, the zucchini will wilt and get mushy before it browns.
- Once browned, lower the heat. Mince or press 1 clove garlic (I use a garlic press) and add it to the pan. Toss to cook briefly and keep the garlic from burning. Then, add the corn kernels and stir quickly to reheat.
- Add the seasonings mixture and ½ tbsp unsalted butter.
- Toss quickly to coat. Your Zucchini Corn stir-fry is now ready to serve.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for 3–4 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Red
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso Red is made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright red in color. Long fermentation process creates it distinct, deep, and rich taste, with strong miso aroma.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!