Oyster Hot Pot
- 7.1 oz (200g) Oysters
- 1/8 Nappa cabbage
- 1 Green onion
- 4 Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 Shungiku (chrysanthemum greens)
- 1/2 Tofu
- 16.9 fl oz (500ml) Water
- 3.5 oz (100g) Organic Miso Red
- 2 tbsp Mirin (Japanese sweet cooking sake)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Sprinkle some salt over the oysters and add some water to gently rub the oysters to clean in a bowl. Wash out the salt under running water. Strain water and set aside.
- Cut Nappa cabbage into bite-size pieces and slice green onions diagonally. Cut the Shiitake mushroom in half and cut tofu into bite-size pieces. Separate shungiku greens from their stems.
- Put the ingredients [A] in a Japanese clay pot. Heat over low heat and mix them with a spatula. Heat until the water has evaporated and the mixture is soft enough not to fall off when scooped with a spatula. Remove the pot from the heat and smear the Miso mixture on the inner wall of the pot so that it forms a bank.
- Place a nappa cabbage core in the pot’s bottom and lay all the other vegetables and mushrooms except the shungiku leaves on top. Addnwater and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil and put oysters on top. Once all ingredients are cooked, add the remaining shungiku leaves.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Red
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso Red is made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright red in color. Long fermentation process creates it distinct, deep, and rich taste, with strong miso aroma.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!