Mushroom Miso Soup Recipe by Chef Nobu Matsuhisa
Common mushroom soup is elevated in this recipe by legendary chef Nobu Matsuhisa. The clever addition of miso enriches this classic and provide simple elegance. Pair this earthy and umami rich soup with a healthy salad, and you have dinner done in minutes.
- 4 cups* dashi stock
- ½- lb. mixed mushrooms shiitake, maitake, oyster, button or eringi, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp. red miso
- To taste scallions chopped
- Heat dashi stock in saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add mushrooms and return to a simmer.
- Add chopped scallions and immediately stop the heat.
- Dissolve miso into soup with a strainer.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Red
Our Organic Miso Red is made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright red in color. Long fermentation process creates it distinct, deep, and rich taste, with strong miso aroma.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!