Miso Soup with Mozzarella Cheese and Grilled Zucchini
Adding mozzarella cheese on top of the soup gives this recipe an extra kick of creamy sweetness and umami flavor.Tip: You can replace mozzarella cheese with grated cheese, sliced cheese or camembert cheese.
- 1/2 Zucchini
- 30 g (1 oz) Mozzarella cheese
- 400 ml (13.5 fl oz) Water
- 1 ½ tbsp Organic Miso Red
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- Cut zucchini into rings approx. 0.6 inch (1.5cm) thick. Cut Mozzarella cheese into cubes approx. 0.6 inch (1.5 cm) thick.
- Heat olive oil in a small pot and grill the zucchini on middle heat until golden-brown on both sides.
- Add water in the pot. Remove the pot from heat after boiling. Add miso and stir it to be completely dissolved. Reheat the miso soup until it is just hot. Never boil the soup.
- Add Mozzarella cheese and serve the soup in a bowl immediately because the cheese sticks to the bottom of the pot with time.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Red
Our Organic Miso Red is made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright red in color. Long fermentation process creates it distinct, deep, and rich taste, with strong miso aroma.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!