Miso adds a bold and umami-packed deliciousness to this easy Japanese ramen noodle soup. Easily adapted for vegans by swapping the chicken stock for vegetable stock, sugar for vegan-friendly one.Add and enjoy your favorite toppings such as steamed bok choy, bean sprouts, boiled egg, sweetcorn, green onions, roasted meat slices, sprinkle of sesame seeds and chili flakes.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 green onions (2.1 oz/60g)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sake
- 16.9 fl oz(500ml) chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 10.1 fl oz(300ml) water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp Organic Red Miso
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 portions ramen noodles
- Mince the garlic and white part of the green onions (keep the green part of the green onions for topping).
- Heat 1tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan, sauté the garlic, white part of green onion and ginger for 1-2 minutes. Add the sake, stock, water, soy sauce and sugar. Once it’s boiled, turn off the heat, and dissolve the Organic Red Miso in to the soup. Add the white pepper and 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil. Turn on the heat and gently heat it up. Drizzle with the dressing to serve.
- Cook the ramen noodles following the package instructions.
- Drain the noodles and place in serving bowls. Add the ramen soup and top with various toppings.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Red
Our Organic Miso Red is made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright red in color. Long fermentation process creates it distinct, deep, and rich taste, with strong miso aroma.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!