Miso Kabocha Squash Gratin
This is a quick recipe for “Miso Kabocha Squash Gratin” made by a microwave and a toaster oven. You can easily make white sauce by microwave. Kids would love the rich flavor of Kabocha squash. For a richer flavor, you can swap out milk for the soy milk, butter for the olive oil and shredded cheese for the bread crumbs.
- 7.1 oz (200 g) Kabocha squash
- 2 tbsp Bread Crumbs or Shredded cheese
- 6.8 fl oz (200 ml) Soy milk or Milk
- 1 tbsp ORGANIC MISO RED
- 1 tbsp Cake flour
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or Butter
- Cut Kabocha squash into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine cake flour, olive oil or butter, ¼ of soy milk or milk (about 1.7 fl oz/ 50 ml) in a heat resistant bowl. Microwave it at 1200W for 15 seconds (Cooking time depends on the wattage of your microwave) and mix well with a whisk. Add the rest of soy milk or milk little by little into the bowl and mix.
- Add Kabocha squash into the bowl (from step 2) and microwave it at 1200W for 4 minutes (Cooking time depends on the wattage of your microwave.) Combine miso into the bowl.
- Transfer the Kabocha squash mixture (from step 3) into a baking dish and sprinkle bread crumbs or shredded cheese on top. Put it in a toaster oven and toast until golden brown.Tip: Miso󠄀 is added at the end to fully enjoy its aroma and richness. Instead of Kabocha squash, you can also use potatoes and taro for this dish.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Red
Our Organic Miso Red is made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright red in color. Long fermentation process creates it distinct, deep, and rich taste, with strong miso aroma.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!