Miso-dressed Caramelized Roasted Soybeans
- 80g/2.8 oz roasted soybeans
- 40g/1.4 oz granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp Organic Red Miso
- 10g/0.36 oz butter
- Put granulated sugar and water into a small pan and heat over medium heat. Shake the pot from time to time until the water becomes transparent and shows large bubbles. As the bubbles disappear more slowly and the texture becomes sticky, add roasted soybeans. Mix with a spatula and dress the soybeans, and when it becomes partially caramel-colored, reduce it to an extremely low heat and heat it slowly to make everything caramel-colored.
- Turn off the heat, add butter and miso and mix quickly.
- Take it out and place on parchment paper, hold a fork in both hands, and separate it into bite-sized pieces. Complete when the mixture cools and hardens.Key points: You can adjust the sweetness and bitterness while watching the color of the caramel when heated. If you like sweetness, turn off the heat with a clear brown color, and if you like a more bitter taste, boil it longer.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Red
Our Organic Miso Red is made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright red in color. Long fermentation process creates it distinct, deep, and rich taste, with strong miso aroma.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!