Miso Butter Pasta with Tuna and Cabbage
- 1 tbsp Salt (for cooking pasta)
- 7 oz Spaghetti
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 3 leaves (5 oz) Cabbage
- 3 oz (1 can) Tuna
- 1 tbsp Extravirgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Organic Miso Red
- 1/4 cup Reserved pasta water
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Mirn
To Cook Spaghetti
- Start boiling 4 quarts of water in a large pot. Once boiling, add salt and spaghetti. Stir to make sure spaghetti doesn’t stick to each other.
- Cook according to the package instruction but reduce the cooking time by 1 minute as we the pasta will be cooked in the pan afterward.
- Drain if you finish cooking the spaghetti first, but you should be able to cook the rest of the ingredients in 10 minutes while spaghetti is being cooked.
To Prepare Ingredients
- While cooking pasta, we prepare ingredients. Peel the garlic cloves and thinly slice them.
- Remove the tough core of the cabbage and cut into 1 inch square pieces.
- Drain the canned tuna. If you use a big chunk, you can cut/break into smaller pieces (optional).
To Cook Miso Butter Pasta with Tuna and Cabbage
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying panover medium heat. While the oil is still not hot yet, add the garlic to start infusing. Make sure to coat the garlic with oil.
- When the garlic is sizzling and well-coated with oil, add the cabbage and coat with the oil.
- Add the canned tuna and toss together with the cabbage. Then add freshly ground black pepper, unsalted butter, and miso.
- Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water and add to the pan. Shake the pan and mix all the ingredients together. Make sure the miso is dissolved while mixing.
- Add the soy sauce and mirin.
- When the spaghetti is done cooking, pick up the spaghetti with a pair of tongs (or you can quickly drain in the sink) and add to the pan. Toss the spaghetti to mix all together.
- Season the spaghetti with freshly ground pepper. Taste and add salt if needed. The reserved pasta water I added has enough salt so I do not add additional salt here. Serve the pasta to individual dishes. Enjoy!
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Red
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso Red is made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright red in color. Long fermentation process creates it distinct, deep, and rich taste, with strong miso aroma.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!