Yuzu Miso Dressing Salad
Yuzu Miso Dressing
- 2 tbsp Organic Miso White
- 3 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Yuzu juice (extract)
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 6 tbsp Neutral-flavored oil (vegetable, rice bran, canola, etc)
- ⅛ tsp Kosher/sea salt (I use Diamond Crystal; use half for table salt)
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Head romaine lettuce
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 2 Red radishes
- 8 Sugar snap peas
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 Red onion
- In a jar or bowl, add miso, rice vinegar,yuzu extract, mirin and sugar. Whisk all together until miso is completely dissolved. Then gradually add the oil while whisking. Check the taste, and add salt and freshly ground black pepper. You can keep the dressing in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Cut the romaine lettuce width wise into 1 inch strips. Cut the carrot into thin julienned strips.
- Peel the cucumber, alternatively leaving the skin, to create a stripe pattern. Then cut into ½ inch round pieces.
- Thinly slice the red radish.
- Remove the top part of the sugar snap peas (insert the knife on the curved edge side and open to remove the top).
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Peel off the skin and slice the avocado.
- Thinly slice the red onion. Wash the cherry tomatoes. Prepare all the salad ingredients.
- Now assemble the salad. For the firstlayer, place bulky ingredients (romaine lettuce, cucumber, avocado) in the bowl. Then add the layer of medium size ingredients (carrots, red onion), distributing evenly. Lastly, garnish the top layers (red radishes, sugar snap peas) and arrange the salad by tucking in some ingredients from the top layers while pulling out the bottom layer.
- Drizzle the dressing right before you serveand toss all together. Enjoy!
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!