Tofu and Wakame Seaweed Miso Soup
- 3 cups (720 ml) dashi soup stock (for our purposes 1 cup is equal to 240 ml)
- 3 tbsp Hikari Miso's miso
- ½ package soft tofu (approx. 5 oz or 150 g)
- 1 tsp dried wakame seaweed (sold at most Asian markets and natural foods stores)
- ½ cup or more chopped leeks or green onions
- Pour dashi soup stock into a pot and place it over high heat.
- Once dashi stock comes to a boil, turn heat down to low and stir in and dissolve the miso.
- Cut tofu into 2 cm/3/4-in. cubes and cut wakame seaweed into about 2 cm/ ¾-in. square; then put them into the soup. You can avoid crumbling the tofu by sliding it into the pot directly from the cutting board.
- Turn off the heat once the tofu starts to move but before they start to float.
- Serve in a soup bowl. Top with chopped onions.
Product used in this recipe
Enjuku Koji Miso
26.4 oz (750 g)
Our Enjuku Kouji Miso is our best-selling miso in Japan for over 20 years. The Miso has birght beige in color, and has perect balance of umami and sweetness. Powerfull flavor with a long and complex finish gives very versatile cookig use for many miso soup recipe.
Organic Miso White
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Organic Miso White (EU Organic Logo)
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!