Summer Vegetables Baked in Parchment Paper
- 4 asparagus (halved lengthwise)
- 4 mushrooms (halved)
- 4 baby carrots (halved)
- 2 baby bell peppers (quartered)
- 2 baby zucchinis (halved)
- 2 baby squash (sliced widthwise)
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg white to brush on parchment paper
- 2 sheets Parchment paper
Maple Miso Sauce
- 2 tbsp. M1nute Miso (liquid miso)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. soy or tamari sauce
- 1/2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine Maple Miso Sauce in a small mixing bowl and whisk all together.
- Fold two 15-inch square pieces of parchment paper in half. Starting from the folded edge, cut out half of a heart shape. When you unfold the paper, it should be the shape of a heart.
- Unfold and place vegetables on one side of each sheet next to the crease. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 1 – 1 ½ tbsp. of Maple Miso Sauce over the vegetables and lay a sprig of thyme.
- Fold other half of parchment over to cover the vegetables.
- Starting at the top of the half heart shape, make small, tight, overlapping folds along the open edge to seal and make a packet. More folds will make a tighter seal to keep steam in.
- Place packets on a large rimmed baking sheet (or cast iron skillet) and bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. It’s ready when the packets look puffed-up and slightly browned.
- Remove packets from oven and transfer to individual serving plates (or serve in the cast iron skillet).
- Slit tops with kitchen shears, gently open and serve. Watch out for hot steam escaping from the pouch.
Product used in this recipe
M1nute Miso Organic Original
10 oz (283g)
Our Organic M1nute Miso is made from organic rice and soybeans, with yellow in color. Vegetable and kelp dashi is blended to come up with miso in liquid form, mild and umami-rich taste, and, in easy-to-use bottle. Miso soup in one minutes. Also, as a base, you can create your own suaces, miso marinades, dressings, and glazes.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!