Seared Tuna with Vinegar Miso Ceviche Dressing recipe by Chef Nobu Matsuhisa
- 5 oz. white miso
- Pinch mustard powder
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. yuzu juice
- 1 ⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic minced
- 1⁄4 tsp. ginger grated
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. aji amarillo paste
- 2 tsp. grape seed oil
- 14 oz. rectangular fillet of tuna belly, sashimi quality
- To taste salt and black pepper
- 8 oz. mesclun greens
- fresh daikon slices
- Mix all ingredients of vinegar miso.
- Mix all ingredients of ceviche dressing.
- Combine vinegar miso, ceviche dressing, and grape seed oil.
- Sprinkle tuna belly with salt and pepper and sear the surface with a kitchen torch. Cut into 1⁄2-in. (1-cm) thick slices.
- Arrange the mesclun greens, daikon slices, and tuna slices on a plate.
- Spoon the vinegar-miso-ceviche dressing over the tuna slices.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!