Root Vegetable Miso Cream Soup
- 2 carrots
- 1/3 lb./150g rutabaga or swede
- 1/3 lb./150g butternut or acorn squash
- 1 medium-size turnip
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups/900 ml water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2/3 cup/150 ml heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. Organic Miso White
- To taste Parsley (chopped)
- Cut the carrots, rutabaga, squash and turnip into ½-in. cubes. Dice the onion and celery.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the celery, carrot, rutabaga, squash and turnip to the sauté pan; sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the water and bay leaves, bring to a boil, and then reduce to a low, simmering heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cream and miso.
- Simmer gently for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
Our Organic White Miso is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!