Pot Roast with Saikyo Miso
Everybody’s favorite pot roast can be stewed with sweet Saikyo miso. The gravy made from the reduction of the juices is packed full of savory flavors. Pot Roast with Saikyo Miso recipe created by Glen Ishii of JiST Cafe
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast (or pork tenderloin for a lean finish)
- 1 piece gingerroot mashed
- 1 piece lemon grass mashed (or 1 tbsp. lime juice)
- 2 garlic cloves (mashed)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- ¾ cup miso
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 oz. honey
- 2 cups water (for our purposes 1 cup is equal to 240 ml.)
- Your choice Vegetables of your choice for garnish
- Roast garlic and tomatoes in oven at 375 degrees until dark brown.
- Place roasted garlic and tomatoes into a large pot; add miso, sugar, honey, ginger and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
- Place meat into the pot and seal tight with lid and/or aluminum foil; roast in 300 degree oven for 2-1/2 to 3 hours until meat is tender and well done.
- Remove roast from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve hot. Use the reduction juices in the pot as gravy for the pot roast.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Saikyo Sweet
Our Organic Miso Saikyo Sweet is made from organic rice and soybeans, with off-white in color. Using as marinades and sauces, strong sweetness highlights the flavor of fish, meat, poultry, and vegetables. Perfect use for Japanese exquisite Kaiseki.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!