Pasta with Miso Tomato Sauce (Vegetarian)
- 1 lb. box dried pasta of choice (penne, rigatoni, spaghetti)
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 14-oz. can whole plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Enjuku Koji Miso
- 3 to 4 thyme sprigs (leaves stripped)
- 8 oz. black olives (pitted)
- To taste Parmesan cheese (grated)
- To taste freshly ground black pepper
- In a stockpot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes including all the liquid in the can, Enjuku Koji Miso, and fresh thyme leaves. Cook for 3 minutes, then reduce to a low heat. Simmer for 8 minutes; stir in olives.
- Add cooked pasta into the sauce pan and toss to coat pasta well.
- Divide pasta to dinner plates or bowls. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and a bit of black pepper.
Product used in this recipe
Enjuku Koji Miso
26.4 oz (750 g)
Our Enjuku Kouji Miso is our best-selling miso in Japan for over 20 years. The Miso has birght beige in color, and has perect balance of umami and sweetness. Powerfull flavor with a long and complex finish gives very versatile cookig use for many miso soup recipe.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!