Mushroom Power Bowl
This is afilling salad with vegetables, multigrain rice, mixed beans, fried tofu and lots of mushrooms. It has a great flavor of rich brown rice miso and onion dressing. As this is a vegetable protein dish, it is also recommended for vegans by substituting vegan sugar for sugar.
- 200g/7.05oz mushrooms of your choice(white mushrooms, king trumpet mushrooms, etc.)
- 1/4 bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp Organic Miso Brown Rice
- 1 fried tofu (30g/1oz)
- 3 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 bunch rocket (arugula) leaf
- 1 bowl cooked multigrain rice
- 50g/1.76oz mixed nuts and/or mixedbeans
- 1/2 (80g/2.82 oz) onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet cooking sake)
- 2 tbsp Organic Miso Brown Rice
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- some pepper
- <Dressing> Grate onionin a microwave-proof mixing bowl and add olive oil, mirin, sugar and mix well. Heat it in a microwave at 600w for1 minute, 800w for 45 seconds and 1200w for 30 seconds without plastic wrap. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- <Salad>Cut off mushroom stems and cut them into bite-size pieces. Mince garlic and chop nuts roughly.
- Heat a frying pan over low-medium heat and toast fried tofu until both sides get crispy. Slice it into 2cmslices.
- Toast nuts in a frying pan until they are nicely browned and fragrant. Remove from pan.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in the same frying pan. When it gets fragrant, add mushrooms. Stir them over high heat until lightly browned. Add miso and stir together. Turn off the heat before overcooking the mushrooms to remains their texture.
- Place multigrain rice in a large bowl and put bite-size lettuce leaves and rocket (arugula) leaves over the rice. Arrange mushrooms, nuts, fried tofu, mixed beans and sliced bell peppers on top and serve with dressing.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Brown Rice
Our Organic Miso Brown Rice is made from organic brown rice and soy beans. Deep, powerful flavor with a long and complex finish. Perfect balance of umami, saltiness, sweetness, and tartness. Also great for macrobiotic cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!