Mushroom Miso Risotto
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 tbsp. Enjuku Koji Miso Liquid
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow or white onion (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup risotto rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ lb mushrooms (oyster, shitake, cremini – you can mix varieties, cleaned and sliced)
- To taste salt and black pepper
- To taste Parsley (minced)
- Mix the hot water and Enjuku Koji Miso Liquid in a saucepan, and keep liquid miso stock simmering over low heat.
- Heat the olive oil in another saucepan; add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the risotto rice, stirring until all of the rice is coated in the oil. Add the white wine and boil for 1 minute.
- Add the miso stock one ladleful at a time into the risotto and onion mixture, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes or until all of the stock is fully absorbed.
- In a separate sauté pan melt the butter over medium-high heat and sauté the mushrooms until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the risotto onto serving plates; top with the sautéed mushrooms and garnish with parsley.
Product used in this recipe
Enjuku Koji Miso Liquid
12.3 oz. (350g)
Liquid form of our Enjuku Koji Miso for quick and ease of use. Liquid Miso is seasoned with blended dashi of kelp and bonito flakes to quickly make miso soup with Japanese traditional dashi broth.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!