Miso Spaghetti alla Carbonara
You’ll find this Spaghetti alla Carbonara enriched subtlely by the umami taste of miso. It doesn’t overwhelm in this Japanese twist of this classic Italian dish. Take your usual carbonara and add some depth to it with the flavor of miso.
- 16 oz. (450g) spaghetti
- 4 oz. (115g) sliced bacon
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup (120ml) whole milk
- 3 tbsp. white miso
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- a pinch of salt
- To taste ground black pepper
- Combine eggs, milk, parmesan cheese and miso in a bowl and mix them until the miso dissolves completely.
- Cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While boiling the spaghetti, cook bacon in a sauté pan for 4 minutes on medium heat and set aside.
- Add hot, drained pasta to the sauté pan and cook on medium heat for 20 seconds.
- Lower the heat; add the bacon and the cream mixture from Step 1 and mix well to cover pasta.
- Serve with ground black pepper to taste.
Product used in this recipe
Shinshu Shiro Miso (Multiple Language Label)
The Shinshu White miso features a fragrant soy aroma and sweetness. You can enjoy a light flavor and clean finish.
NET WT: 400g
Ingredients: Water, Soybeans, Rice, Salt, Alcohol.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!