Miso Oyster Ajillo
Enjoy this oyster Ajillo which has full of umami. The oyster-flavored oil and the savory miso can come together great. Mix them and serve plenty.
- 5.3 oz (150 g) Oysters
- 1/2 Burdock
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp Organic Miso White
- 1 Italian Parsley
- 3.4 fl oz (100 ml) Olive oil
- Some Baguettes
- Place oysters in a strainer or sieve and put salted water in a bowl. Mix oysters gently by hand, and wash by shaking the strainer inside the sated-water bowl.
- Lightly scrape the surface of the burdock with the back of a knife. Hit with a rolling pin, break into large pieces, and cut into 5 cm lengths. Smash garlic cloves under the flat side of a knife, cut them in half, and remove the sprouts in the center. Chop Italian parsley.
- Place burdock, garlic, and olive oil in a small pot (7 inches/ 18 cm). Tear red pepper into half by hand and add them to the pot. Heat on low heat. When the aroma comes up and the garlic starts turning brown, add oysters and cook slowly. When oysters are cooked, dissolve miso to season.
- Sprinkle Italian parsley and serve with some baguettes.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!