Miso Mushroom Frittata
- Separate shimeji mushrooms. Cut off the bottom of brown mushrooms and cut in half. Slice bacon into strips.
- Crack and beat eggs in a bowl and add 1tbsp of miso and grated cheese to combine.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan (diameter 5.9 inch/ 15 cm) over middle heat and add ingredients from instruction 1 to cook. When mushrooms become soft, transfer to the bowl of eggs (from instruction 2) and mix quickly.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil into the same pan, heat over high heat, and add eggs (from instruction 3.) Quickly mix the egg mixture until semi-cooked then flatten, cover, and cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat at once. Put a slightly larger plate over the pan, flip it over, and transfer the cooked egg onto the plate. Return it to the pan and cook the other side of the egg over low heat for 3 minutes.
- When the egg is cooked, cut it and sprinkle with grated cheese and parsley. Serve with 1 tbsp miso on top.Tip: Heat a pan over high heat to incorporate air for making a light and fluffy texture when adding eggs.
Product used in this recipe
CRAFT MISO NAMA-KOJI
14.1 oz (400g)
CRAFT MISO NAMA-KOJI characterizes a fresh and fruity taste, complimented by a soft and juicy texture that uses a large amount of koji to fully bring out the sweetness. It can be enjoyed as it is (no cooking required) and it has less sodium. The sodium content is reduced by 25% than the other miso products.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!