Miso Marinated Steak
- 4 tbsp. Enjuku Koji Miso
- 3 tbsp. dry sherry or sake
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger (grated)
- 4 ea. sirloin or ribeye beef steaks
- 1 to 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- To taste freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the Enjuku Koji Miso, sherry, sugar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Coat both side of the steaks well in the marinade. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat a cast-iron pan or griddle until smoking hot; add a little drizzle of oil into the pan, and cook the steak to preferred temperature. After removing steaks from pan, allow to rest 5 minutes and season with black pepper before serving.
Product used in this recipe
Enjuku Koji Miso
Our Enjuku Kouji Miso is our best-selling miso in Japan for over 20 years. The Miso has birght beige in color, and has perect balance of umami and sweetness. Powerfull flavor with a long and complex finish gives very versatile cookig use for many miso soup recipe.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!