Miso Marinated Fish
Miso marinated fish is so easy and so smart. The salt in miso pulls the water from the fish and condenses the flavor in this delicious marinade. Use it on white fish such as sea bream or cod. Salmon will work as well.
- 2 salmon or black cod fillets
- Miso Marinade
- 3 tbsp. Organic Miso White (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp. mirin (sweet sake)
- 2 tbsp. sake
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade.
- Cover each fish fillet in the marinade and seal tightly in a container. Refrigerate for 1-2 days.
- Remove the fillets and dab or wipe off the excess marinade.
- Cook the fish over high heat. Cook each side for four minutes.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!