Miso-Infused Tuna Tartare
- 100g/3.5oz tuna
- 2 mushrooms
- 1/6 onion
- 1 tbsp Organic Barley Miso or Organic White Miso
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- 3 sprigs Italian parsley
- some pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig watercress
- 1/6 lemon
- oliveoil to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cut the tuna and cleaned mushrooms into 5-mm squares. Chop the onions and Italian parsley. Cut lemon into wedges.
- Place all ingredients in (A) in a bowl and mix.
- Make a round mold with a diameter of 10 cm and a height of 2 cm using aluminum foil. (Or a 10-cm ring mold)
- Place the mold on the plate and add the contents of the bowl and flatten. When the shape is a thick patty, slowly remove the mold. Sprinkle with olive oil and black pepper to taste and garnish with watercress and lemon.
- Rub the garlic onto the sliced baguette to serve with the patty, squeeze some lemon juice on the patty and enjoy with the baguette. After adding garlic, you can also enjoy the baguette lightly toasted.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso Barley
Organic Miso White
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!