Miso-flavored Oyster Ajillo
An ideal way to savor the great flavor of oysters. Please enjoy them along with flavorful oil and the rich taste of miso. It will also be tasty with other seafoods such as shrimp.
- 150g/3.53oz oysters
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1+1/2 tbsp Organic Miso White
- 1 Italian parsley
- 100ml/3.38fl oz olive oil
- sliced baguette
- Wash oysters thoroughly in salted water and dry them with paper towels. Smash the garlic with the flat side of a knife and cut in half and remove core. Roughly chop Italian parsley.
- Put garlic, olive oil and half-cut red chili pepper in a small pan (ex;18cm) and cook over low heat. Once the garlic is aromatic and lightly browned, add oysters and simmer them slowly. When the oysters are cooked, season with miso.
- Sprinkle parsley and serve with baguette.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!