Miso Curry Soup with Vegetables
- 8 Chicken wings
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 piece of Ginger
- 2 Potatoes
- 12 Carrots
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 servings of Warm Rice
- 2 Boiled Eggs
- Some favorite vegetables such as eggplants, zucchini or green pepper (for deep-fry)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Canned Tomato (200g / 7oz)
- 4 tbsp Curry powder
- 3 tbsp Organic Miso White
- 700 ml (24 fl oz) Dashi soup stock
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Bay leaf
- Pinch of Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- Sprinkle pinch of salt over chicken wings. Wash potatoes and carrots, and peel carrots. Cut them into big pieces. Grate a onion, garlic and ginger.
- Heat a pan on middle heat and pour olive oil. Fry chicken wings until golden-brown on both sides. Remove the wings from the pan. Fry the grated onion, garlic and ginger in the same pan until golden-brown. Add some times some water to deglaze the pan.
- Add [A] in the pan and fry. Add chicken wings (from instruction 1), potatoes, carrots and [B], and mix them. Simmer for 20 mins and add dried basil. If it tastes subtle, add more miso.
- Deep-fry your favorite vegetables for toppings. Peel the boiled eggs and cut them in half.
- Serve the soup (from instruction 3) with rice. Top with the vegetables and eggs (from instruction 4).
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!