Ice cream with miso caramel sauce
A divine dessert further enriched by the umami of miso. This caramel sauce made with flavorsome miso will tempt the most discerning sweet tooth. Just the right hint of salt highlights the sweetness of vanilla and bitter complexity of caramel.
- 3.5 oz(100g) Granulated sugar
- 3.4 fl oz(100cc) Heavy cream
- 1.7 fl oz (50cc) Water
- 0.5 oz (15g) Butter
- 1 tbsp Organic Miso White
- 1 tbsp Mirin (Japanese sweet cooking sake)
- 10 fl oz(300ml) Vanilla ice cream
- Almonds to taste
- Place water and half the sugar in a pan and simmer over a low heat until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, add cream, and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining sugar, butter and miso, return to low heat and simmer until reduced to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat, add mirin and mix thoroughly.
- Pour hot sauce over ice cream in serving dishes, and sprinkle with almonds.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!