Homemade Miso Dressing
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Grated ginger
- 2 tbsp ORGANIC MISO WHITE
- 1/2 tsp Soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce for GF)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Neutral-flavored oil (vegetable, rice bran, canola, etc.)
- 1/2 tbsp Roasted sesame oil (just a little for the aroma and nutty taste; you can skip it and use 100% neutral-flavored oil)
- splash of lemon juice (optional; it adds nice brightness and pop to the dressing)
- Grate the ginger (I use a ceramic grater) and measure the amount for the recipe. You will need ¼–½ tsp for one batch. If you are not a huge ginger fan, start with the smaller amount. You can always add more later.
- In a small bowl, combine the grated ginger, miso, soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar. Whisk it all together really well to dissolve the miso and sugar (I use this flat whisk).
- While whisking the mixture, add the neutral-flavored oil to the mixture very slowly, in a thin stream, for a successful emulsion. Then, slowly add the roasted sesame oil while whisking.
- Add a splash of lemon juice and whisk it all together.
- Transfer to a serving dish with a spout or a nice glass jar. This dressing is perfect for a green salad like my Spring MixSalad, Homemade Udon Noodles, wakame or mixed Seaweed Salad, Cold Tofu or HotTofu, blanched or Steamed Vegetables such as asparagus and broccoli, and fish and meat.
- You can keep the dressing in an airtight container and keep it for 7 days in the refrigerator.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!