Hearty Vegetable Miso Soup
Take your favorite vegetables, add miso, and you’ve got a flavorful soup. It’s that simple! The vegetables are packed with umami, so you don’t need any dashi or broth. It’s a great way to enjoy seasonal vegetables and is a great option for vegetarians.
- 2 tbsp. peanut, canola or olive oil
- 4 cups water (for our purposes 1 cup is equal to 240 ml)
- 4 tbsp. miso paste
- 1 onion
- 5-6 mushrooms of your choice (cleaned)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and cut into eighths)
- 1-2 carrots (peeled)
- To taste chopped leeks or green onions or experiment with your favorite vegetables
- Cut vegetables into a bite-size, no larger than 3/-4-in.
- In a soup stock pot in heated oil sauté’ onions until they become translucent; then add the other vegetables and sauté’ 3 more minutes.
- Add water and boil until all the vegetables are soft; reduce heat to simmer and add miso paste.
- Bring to a simmer and garnish with chopped leeks or sliced green onions.
Product used in this recipe
Enjuku Koji Miso
Our Enjuku Kouji Miso is our best-selling miso in Japan for over 20 years. The Miso has birght beige in color, and has perect balance of umami and sweetness. Powerfull flavor with a long and complex finish gives very versatile cookig use for many miso soup recipe.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!