Grilled Mackerel with Shio Koji
- 2 small fillets (⅓ lb, 150g) mackerel
- 2 tbsp Hikari Miso Shio Koji
- Lemon wedges
- In a flat container, put mackerel and Hikari Miso Shio Koji together and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill or broil the fish at 350F (180C) for 25-30 minutes. Or pan fry the fish over medium low heat.
- Serve immediately with slices of lemon
Product used in this recipe
20.4 oz (580g)
Shio Koji is a traditional Japanese ingredient made with a fermented rice malt (koji) and salt (shio). The enzymes contained in shio koji break down proteins to draw umami out of meat and fish. Shio Koji is in liquid form with the tiny half-dissolved grains of rice malt and packaged in a convenient plastic bottle.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!