Pot Roast with Saikyo Miso
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast (or pork tenderloin for a lean finish)
- 1 piece gingerroot mashed
- 1 piece lemon grass mashed (or 1 tbsp. lime juice)
- 2 garlic cloves (mashed)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- ¾ cup miso
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 oz. honey
- 2 cups water (for our purposes 1 cup is equal to 240 ml.)
- Your choice Vegetables of your choice for garnish
Roast garlic and tomatoes in oven at 375 degrees until dark brown.
Place roasted garlic and tomatoes into a large pot; add miso, sugar, honey, ginger and garlic. Mix thoroughly.
Place meat into the pot and seal tight with lid and/or aluminum foil; roast in 300 degree oven for 2-1/2 to 3 hours until meat is tender and well done.
Remove roast from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve hot. Use the reduction juices in the pot as gravy for the pot roast.
Quick Tip: Keep the pot on low heat and don't allow it boil. You can also use a slow cooker.