Egg Drop Miso Soup with Vegetables
Sourness of tomato highlights sweetness of egg and sweet corn kernel. A restaurant-style Japanese egg drop miso soup.
- 3.5 oz. tomato - wedge cut
- 2 tbsp boiled sweet corn kernels
- 1 iceberg lettuce leave - torn
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- 10 fl oz. (300ml) dashi stock
- 1 tbsp Enjuku Koji Miso (white miso paste)
Put dashi stock and sweet corn kernels in a large pot, cook over medium heat.
Add tomato and simmer 1-2 minutes.
Turn off the heat, add miso paste and dissolve it completely.
Reheat and bring the soup to a simmer, use chopsticks or a fork to stir and swirl the soup.
Add lettuce leaves, and serve.
Learn how to make dashi soup stock. If you use a dashi-added miso, use 1.5 cups of water.