Egg Drop Miso Soup with Vegetables
Sourness of tomato highlights sweetness of egg and sweet corn kernel. A restaurant-style Japanese egg drop miso soup.
- 3.5 oz. tomato – wedge cut
- 2 tbsp boiled sweet corn kernels
- 1 iceberg lettuce leave – torn
- 1 egg – lightly beaten
- 10 fl oz. (300ml) dashi stock
- 1 tbsp Enjuku Koji Miso (white miso paste)
- Put dashi stock and sweet corn kernels in a large pot, cook over medium heat.
- Add tomato and simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add miso paste and dissolve it completely.
- Reheat and bring the soup to a simmer, use chopsticks or a fork to stir and swirl the soup. Add beaten egg into the soup, then turn off the heat.
- Add lettuce leaves, and serve.
Product used in this recipe
Enjuku Koji Miso
Our Enjuku Kouji Miso is our best-selling miso in Japan for over 20 years. The Miso has birght beige in color, and has perect balance of umami and sweetness. Powerfull flavor with a long and complex finish gives very versatile cookig use for many miso soup recipe.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!