Creamy Mushroom Soup with Miso
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme minced
- 10 oz 300g fresh mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cups 960ml vegetable or mushroom stock
- 5 tbsp white miso
- 1/2 cup 120 ml heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pot and sauté the green onions (leave some for garnish), garlic, and thyme for 1-2 minutes. Then, add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms soft. Add the flour and continue cooking for another minute, stirring constantly
- Add the stock and miso and bring to a boil while stirring. Once boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whip the heavy cream and whisk it into the soup. Stir the soup until it has a smooth, creamy texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Do not allow the soup to boil.
- Serve and garnish with leftover green onions.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!