Colorful Root Vegetables and Pork Miso Soup
- ¼ lb 110g pork belly cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 potato cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ 60g sweet potato cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅛ 60g kabocha squash cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. white miso
- 16 fl oz. 450ml water
- 1 tsp. butter
- Heat butter in a pot over medium heat and add pork belly slices, potato, sweet potato, kabocha squash and onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add half of the water (8 fl oz.) and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining water and dissolve miso. Bring it to simmer. Serve
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!