Colorful Root Vegetables and Pork Miso Soup
A hearty and mild, yet flavorful miso soup with pork and vibrant root vegetables. Potato, kabocha squash and sweet potato bring the sweetness into the soup. The perfect comfort food on a cold day!
- ¼ lb (110g) pork belly cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 potato cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ (60g) sweet potato cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅛ (60g) kabocha squash cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. white miso
- 16 fl oz.(450ml) water
- 1 tsp. butter
Heat butter in a pot over medium heat and add pork belly slices, potato, sweet potato, kabocha squash and onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat. Add half of the water (8 fl oz.) and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add remaining water and dissolve miso. Bring it to simmer. Serve.