Cold Miso Pottage with Lettuce and Corn
This is a recipe for cold pottage made with soy milk, Japanese dashi broth, miso and ground sesame. By using a miso with a mellow flavor, the corn's sweetness is highlighted. This quick and easy dish is ready to be enjoyed in no time.
- 1/4 head of lettuce
- 1/2 ear of corn
- 200ml/6.8fl oz pure soy milk
- 180ml/6fl oz Japanese dashi broth
- 2 tbsp Organic White Miso
- 1 tbsp ground sesame
- Tear the lettuce by hand into bite-sized pieces. Place in a colander and pour boiling water over it to soften.
- Wrap the corn in plastic wrap with the husk on and heat in the microwave at 600w for 3 minutes, 800w for 2 minutes or 15 seconds and 1,200w for 1 minute and 30 seconds. When slightly cooled, remove the husk and remove the corn from the cob with a knife.
- Put the organic white miso in a bowl, add a little broth and dissolve. When it melts, mix in the remaining broth and soy milk.
- Combine the ingredients from steps 1 and 2 and pour the mixture from step 3 over them.
- Sprinkle with a spoonful of sesame seeds to finish.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!