Christmas Tree Pancakes with Caramelized Miso Apple
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp butter
- ½ tbsp. miso
- 3.4 fl oz. 100ml heavy cream
- 0.4 oz. 10g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 fl oz. 150ml milk
- 1.2 oz. 30g sugar
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5.6 oz. 160g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- mint leaves optional
- blueberries optional
- Sift all-purpose flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Pour heavy cream and sugar into a bowl. Whip cream over a large bowl with iced water until cream stiffens into soft peaks.
- Wash the apple well and quarter into four slices lengthwise. Remove core and slice into half-inch (1 cm) pieces.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a pan. Add apples and sugar and heat slowly until caramelized. Transfer into bowl. Add miso and mix together.
- Place eggs, milk, sugar and vegetable oil into another bowl and mix well. Carefully incorporate the flour mixture from step 1.
- In another pan, pour pancake mixture until it reaches 6 inches in diameter. Cook over medium heat until bubbles start to appear on pancake surface, then flip and cook.
- Transfer pancake to a plate and let cool. Repeat with each subsequent pancake decreasing in size.
- Place largest pancake on a plate, then layer caramelized apples and whipped cream on top. Continue stacking alternating layers of gradually smaller pancakes with caramelized apples and whipped cream until a tree shape is formed. Top with mint and blueberries.
- Tip: To prevent whipped cream from melting, make sure pancakes are cooled well before stacking.
Product used in this recipe
Enjuku Koji Miso
26.4 oz (750 g)
Our Enjuku Kouji Miso is our best-selling miso in Japan for over 20 years. The Miso has birght beige in color, and has perect balance of umami and sweetness. Powerfull flavor with a long and complex finish gives very versatile cookig use for many miso soup recipe.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!