Beet Miso Pottage
- 1/2 (100/3.5 oz) middle sized beet
- 1/2 onion
- 1 medium-sized potato
- 1 tbsp (15ml/0.5fl oz) olive oil
- 300 ml/10fl oz water
- Some dill
- 2 tbsp (30ml/1fl oz) Organic Miso White
- 20g/0.7oz butter
- 200ml/6.8fl oz pure soy milk
- Dash of white pepper to taste
- 100ml/3.4fl oz pure soy milk
- 1 tsp (6g/0.2 oz) starch (potato or corn)
- Peel the beet and potato and cut into thin quarter-rounds. Julienne the onions.
- Sprinkle olive oil in a pan and heat over medium heat, add 1, and fry until the onion is tend
- Pour water in the pot to boil and reduce the heat to low and skim the foam from the top of the soup whileboiling until the whole vegetables are soft enough to be crushed with a spatula (about 10 minutes).
- Put 3 and [A] in a mixer and crush them into a paste.
- Put it back in the pan and heat over low heat but not to a boil. Taste once and add salt as desired.
- Mix the ingredients of [B] in a heat-resistant container to make the soy milk creamy. Warm in a microwave at 600w for 30 seconds, 800w for 23 seconds or 1,200w for 15 seconds and take out once and mix. Warm again at 600w for 1 minute, 800w for 45 seconds or 1,200w for 30 seconds and mix until smooth.
- Pour 5 into a soup plate and carefully drop in several spoons of 6 around 1 cm inside the plate. Draw a circle with a chopstick so that it passes through the soy milk cream and these drops will look like hearts. Sprinkle some dill in the center of the dish.Key Points: The soup after adding soy milk or butter will separate if it is heated too much, so heat it at low heat, taking care not to let it come to a boil.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!