Baked Tofu Cutlets with Miso Marinade
- 14 oz.(400g) tub extra firm tofu cut into 1/2-in.rectangle-shaped slices
- 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Organic Miso white
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 ea. garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped, for garnish
Optional Miso Sauce forDrizzling on Baked Tofu Cutlets
- 3 oz.(85g) Organic Miso Red
- 1 oz.(30g) small garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp white or regular balsamic vinegar
- Place tofu pieces into a casserole baking dish.
- Combine tamari or soy sauce, white miso, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour marinade over tofu pieces.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or chopped green onions.
- Simply combine the following and set aside until tofu cutlets are completely baked.
Product used in this recipe
Organic Miso White
17.6 oz (500 g)
Our Organic Miso White is the traditional Shinshu-style miso made from organic rice and soybeans, with bright beige in color, excellent balance of refreshing aroma and umami. Most versatile among Hikari Miso organic miso series to match with any cooking.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!