Asian Cabbage Salad
- 3 tbsp CRAFT MISO NAMA-KOJI
- 6 tbsp Neutral oil
- 2 tbsp Ricevinegar
- 1/4 head Green cabbage
- 1/4 head Red cabbage
- 2 Carrots
- 10 sprigs Cilantro
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup peanuts (or any nuts or seeds of your choice)
To Make the Miso Dressing
- In a small mason jar, combine miso, neutral oil, and rice vinegar. Then, close the lid tightly and shake well until the miso is completely dissolved. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Make the Cabbage Salad
- Discard the core of green and red cabbages and thinly slice them or shred them using a cabbage slicer.
- Peel the carrots. Then, using a julienne peeler, make long, thin julienned strips with the carrot. When they are too long, cut the long strips in half or thirds into 2-inch pieces. If you have a regular vegetable peeler, peel the carrot into thin sheets, then cut the sheets into long, thin julienned strips.
- Chop cilantro and discard the stems.
- In a large salad bowl, place the green cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, cilantro, shelled edamame, and peanuts. If you're not serving the salad right away, cover it with plastic and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, take out the Miso Dressing from the refrigerator and shake well. Drizzle two-thirds of the dressing over the salad and toss together. Taste the salad and add more dressing, if needed.
- To Store
- You can keep the leftovers in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator. If dressed already, the salad lasts for a day (if longer, it gets wilted). If not dressed yet, it can last a bit longer. I recommend keeping the salad and dressing separately and tossing only the amount you‘ll consume.
Product used in this recipe
CRAFT MISO NAMA-KOJI
14.1 oz (400g)
CRAFT MISO NAMA-KOJI characterizes a fresh and fruity taste, complimented by a soft and juicy texture that uses a large amount of koji to fully bring out the sweetness. It can be enjoyed as it is (no cooking required) and it has less sodium. The sodium content is reduced by 25% than the other miso products.
Other recipes that you might like
Like New Recipes?
Follow us on Instagram to see the latest recipes as we share them!