Basic Miso Soup Recipe
- 3 cups* (720ml) water
- 1¼ tsp. dashi - Hikari Miso Japanese “DASHI” Soup Stock**
- 3 tbsp. miso - Hikari Organic Miso Red Type
- ½ pkg - 5 oz. (150 g) soft tofu cut into small cubes
- 1 ea. green onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. dried wakame seaweed available at Asian markets and grocery sections
Pour the water into a saucepan and bring to a soft boil. Add Japanese “DASHI” Soup Stock and whisk to dissolve. Turn the heat off.
Add Hikari Miso Organic Miso Red Type and some dashi stock and whisk until miso paste is completely dissolved.
Return to a simmer, being careful not to boil the miso soup. Add the tofu and wakame and cook for another minute or until heated thoroughly. Remove the saucepan from the heat and ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
Quick Tip: When you make miso soup with tofu, add and dissolve miso paste in the soup before adding tofu to avoid breaking tofu.