Grilled Corn with Honey Miso Butter
Covered in layers of miso butter, this fragrant savory corn-on-the-cob will make a new summer favorite.Message from Nami( Just One Cookbook®): “Summer BBQ isn’t perfect until you have grilled corn on the cob! If you are tired of the same grilled corn with butter recipes, try with miso butter. Miso adds layers of savory flavors and it’s amazing how great miso tastes after being grilled. Surprise your party in the summer with this savory miso corn!”
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 1 scallion (chopped)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp. Organic Miso Saikyo Sweet
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. soy or tamari sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Strip the husks away from the top of the corn to the base, like peeling a banana. Leave the husk attached at the stem end (or you can completely discard it).
- Remove the corn silk and fold the husk back over the stalk. Tie the husk with string or a strip of husk to form a handle.
- Mix all ingredients for honey miso butter and set aside.
- Heat an outdoor grill to high. Spray the grates with cooking spray or soak a paper towel in olive oil and rub over grates several times until coated.
- Place the corn on the grill and put a sheet of aluminum foil under the husk to keep the husks from burning.
- Brush the corn with the honey miso butter as it grills. The ears are cooked when golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve with extra honey miso butter as option.
- It’s easier to husk corn under running water.