Message from CEO about Coronavirus
Posted on March 24, 2020
Control Measures for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To: All valued customers and suppliers
From: Hikari Miso Co., Ltd.
As we are all aware and challenged by the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we want to express our commitment to our customers, suppliers, and partners globally, that we at Hikari Miso Co., Ltd., and our subsidiary companies, insist that the safety and health of our employees and family members is our top priority. We are closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and have taken strong action to protect the safety of our employees and family members, to ensure business continuity and continue to service our customers.
At Hikari Miso and our subsidiaries, we have done the following:
- Define procedures to protect the health and safety of our employees and its family members, while ensuring business continuity to serve our customers.
- Our employees and management have been thoroughly trained about the guidelines from Japan’s MHLW (Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare) and recommendations from World Health Organization (WHO) to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as proper hand-washing hygiene.
- We have begun conducting health screenings for our manufacturing site employees.
- We have temporarily terminated all domestic and international travel until April 30th.
- We have restricted external guests from visiting our plant and offices, and are utilizing web-based meeting tools.
- We have been enabling “work from home” for those employees whom permit to do so.
- We have implemented a “return to work” procedure that applies to all employees who may have potentially been exposed to the virus.
We are taking every possible measure to ensure that we continue to operate our business as normal as possible, to maintain the ability to receive and process our customers’ purchase orders and needs.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach us any time.