Grilled Vegetables with Miso Sauce (Vegan)
Enjoy all kinds of grilled vegetables and tofu with this vegan miso sauce . This gluten-free recipe created by Glen Ishii of JiST Cafe.
Sweet Miso Sauce
- 3 oz. red grain miso (90 g)
- A dab garlic paste (or 1 small garlic clove grated)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil or grape seed oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar (plus 2 tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. white Balsamic vinegar if available
- To taste sugar syrup
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Japanese or Italian eggplant
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/4 watermelon
- 2-3 jalapeño
- 1/4 butternut squash
- 1 eringi king oyster or portabella mushroom (optional)
- To taste extra virgin olive oil
- To taste Salt and black pepper
Cut the vegetables to an easily edible size (2-3 bites) and marinate in olive oil with salt and pepper. Marinate the jalapenos whole.
Combine all Miso Sauce ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Adjust the amount of miso to taste.
Grill both sides of the vegetables at high temperature.
Quick Tip: Be careful not to overdo the vegetables. Keep them relatively crisp, without wilting. You don't want the miso dressing to be watery, keep it thick.