Mushroom Miso Risotto
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 tbsp. Enjuku Koji Miso Liquid
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow or white onion (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup risotto rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ lb mushrooms (oyster, shitake, cremini – you can mix varieties, cleaned and sliced)
- To taste salt and black pepper
- To taste Parsley (minced)
Mix the hot water and Enjuku Koji Miso Liquid in a saucepan, and keep liquid miso stock simmering over low heat.
Heat the olive oil in another saucepan; add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the risotto rice, stirring until all of the rice is coated in the oil. Add the white wine and boil for 1 minute.
Add the miso stock one ladleful at a time into the risotto and onion mixture, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes or until all of the stock is fully absorbed.
In a separate sauté pan melt the butter over medium-high heat and sauté the mushrooms until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Divide the risotto onto serving plates; top with the sautéed mushrooms and garnish with parsley.