Grilled Miso-marinated Chicken Breasts or Salmon Fillets
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts or salmon fillets
Ginger Miso Sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. Organic Miso White Type
- 1 tbsp. oil of choice (grapeseed, canola, olive etc.)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. soy or tamari sauce
- 1 tsp.+ chili paste (sambal oelek) (optional)
Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper or parchment paper. Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness. For salmon: remove any discernible small bones.
Mix all ingredients for Ginger Miso Sauce together in a small bowl.
Put chicken /salmon in a large zipped plastic bag and add the sauce to cover the protein completely. Seal the bag and marinade at least 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
Heat an outdoor grill to high. Spray the grates with cooking spray or soak paper towel in olive oil and rub over grates several times until coated.
Place the chicken breasts or salmon on the hot grate, and grill the breasts until cooked, about 4 minutes per side. To test for doneness, poke the grilled protein with your finger. It should feel firm to the touch.
Transfer the grilled chicken or salmon to plates.
Quick Tip: Both the grilled chicken and salmon are delicious atop bed of dressed salad greens or arugula.