Baked Tofu Cutlets with Miso Marinade
- 14 oz. tub extra firm tofu (cut into ½-in. rectangle-shaped slices)
- ½ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. white miso
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 ea. garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds (for garnish)
- ¼ cup green onions (chopped, for garnish)
Optional Miso Sauce for Drizzling on Baked Tofu Cutlets
- 3 oz. red grain miso
- 1 oz. small garlic clove (minced)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil or grape seed oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. white or regular Balsamic vinegar
Place tofu pieces into a casserole baking dish.
Combine tamari or soy sauce, white miso, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
Pour marinade over tofu pieces.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or chopped green onions.
Simply combine the following and set aside until tofu cutlets are completely baked.